Summary of the #Github debacle so far:
- My account seems to have been flagged and shadowbanned, based on the symptoms, but it doesn't actually say this anywhere in the UI
- The reason is unclear; I've received no notification or explanation of any sort from Github, and had to find out through someone at $customer not being able to see my comments
- I sent a support ticket 16 hours ago, and have gotten zero response or acknowledgment so far.
- *All* of my content, except for commits, is hidden without notice; it looks deleted to anyone not logged in as me.
- My repos are gone. Any PRs and comments I've made in other repos over the past decade+ are gone. My Gists are gone.
- This includes at least one Matrix MSC that's entirely gone, and many review comments on other Matrix MSCs and NixOS RFCs. There's just entire chunks of the standards process history missing now.
- Github's account data export only includes my own repositories; all contributions to other projects are missing. Gists are completely missing.
- I can no longer do my job for $customer, that pays my income; because anything I post in their private company repositories(!!) is also invisible - including everything I've worked on over the years, retroactively.
Like, mistakes happen, an account can get flagged for erroneous reasons, fine. But it's slowly dawning on me just how much impact this is having, with seemingly no recourse. And it begs the question of how many other people this has happened to.
@joepie91 my first guess is that a bunch of butthurt "vpn industry" related people decided to mass report you over your old gist about how vpns suck
Small server part of the pixie.town infrastructure. Registration is closed.